Sunday, February 28, 2010

February

How did I loose 28 days? I've heard that time moves faster as you get older, but an entire month passing in what feels like less than a week is ridiculous. I really can't believe it's been a month since I posted. February was a busy month and here is the recap.



My mother has really been enjoying the fresh milk around here so somewhere during the first of the month she purchased a jersey milk cow. Alberta is due to calf in a month or two and keeping Ellie (my cow) company here on our hill.


My sweet husband bought me a dozen red hens for Valentines. No that's not a typo - twelve beautiful little red hens and a nesting box for them to lay their pretty brown eggs in too! They started laying about a week ago and the boys have been having a great time gathering the bounty.


My dad, Opa, had a pacemaker/defibrillator implant procedure preformed on the 18th. His checkup went great and he's on the mend! James and I are so glad to be close by so we can help out.

Connor turned 8 years old last Tuesday. I don't think he could have had a better day. Opa special ordered snow just for the event! In honor of the special weather he requsted his hunting theme cake be iced with white icing for the snow. He and Oma made snow icecream to go with his birthday cake.









February was fast, furious and fabulous! Maybe I can catch my breath in March, but I doubt it!








No comments:

Post a Comment